April Western Preview
1. Twelve new bits are now available through the Charmayne James Signature Series from Professional’s Choice.
The 11-time world champion cowgirl designed previously offered bits with fellow barrel racers in mind. These new additions to the lineup are suitable for a variety of competitive events. The new short-shank and long-shank leverage series each have five different mouthpieces to choose from. Two sliding draw gag bits are also included in the series. To learn more, call (800) 331-9421, or visit profchoice.com.
2. Kinetic’s OsteoChon paste and powder is designed to support bone, joint and cartilage development in foals and yearlings.
The company says the product includes primary vitamins and minerals that support development. Among the ingredients are copper, zinc and manganese to support cartilage growth and health; hyaluronic acid, chondroitin sulfate and silicon to support primary joint health; and boron and strontium to support bone and cartilage strength, development and density. To learn more, visit kinetictech.net.
3. The Evolution programmer from Edge Products offers a new way for Chevy/GMC-Duramax drivers to monitor engine information.
The unit comes with four standard power levels and functions as a full diagnostic tool, all while staying mounted in the cab to provide real-time monitoring of the truck’s vital engine information. Included in the unit, which comes with a custom pod designed to integrate with the truck’s dash, is an exhaust gas temperature probe. To learn more, call (888) 360-3343 or visit edgeproducts.com.
4. Protected Equine Antibacterial Scrub/Shampoo was designed to aid in the treatment and prevention of rain rot, fungal and bacterial skin disorders on horses.
The shampoo includes the added moisturizing benefits of vitamin E and aloe vera. The company says the product is safe for “the most sensitive skin types and provides effective protection you can count on every day.” In addition to horses, the shampoo can be used on other animals, including dogs. For more information, call (888) 250-5151, or visit americasacres.com.
5. Duct tape might have met its match with the introduction of the Hoof Wrap.
Horsemen and -women have long relied on duct tape to fix many a hoof problem while away from the barn. But Hoof Wraps are designed for emergency situations where a horse might have lost a shoe or just needs short-term protection. Made from durable nylon, the wraps are reusable and easy to pack along the trail in case of problems. For more information, call (877) 777-9198, or visit hoofwraps.com.
6. The Omni 1 is the fourth member of the OmniFount family of watering fountains that feature a blend of stainless steel and polyethylene construction.
The Omni 1 has been designed to water up to 20 head of horses or cattle. It features a large access panel, and offers overall heat coverage, with heat elements located under the trough and around the water line. The OmiFount body is made from Ritchie’s heavy-duty polyethylene and insulated with energy-efficient polyurethane foam. For more information, call (800) 747-0222, or visit ritchiefount.com.