Rodeo Trivia, Round Two
With the 2013 Wrangler National Finals Rodeo starting tomorrow (December 5-14 in Las Vegas), itâ€™s time for Rodeo Trivia. Questions are based on Rodeo Legends, Volume 2, a Western Horseman book written by Kyle Partain, which features the 20 outstanding rodeo athletes listed below.
|Guy Allen||Monty Henson||Dan Mortensen|
|Allen Bach||Martha Josey||Kristie Peterson|
|Freckles Brown||Phil Lyne||Jim Sharp|
|Roy Duvall||Harley May||Rich Skelton|
|Billy Etbauer||Toots Mansfield||Bill Smith|
|Lewis Feild||Don McLaughlin||Speed Williams|
|Lane Frost||Adriano Moraes|
Rodeo Trivia, Round Two Questions
(Answers at bottom of page)
1. Which Rodeo Legends, Volume 2, athlete, a rough-stock rider in the mid-1980s, broke the timed-event competitorsâ€™ domination of the all-around standings?
2. Which Rodeo Legends, Volume 2, athlete was fluent in Mandarin Chinese and won his only bull-riding world title without competing at the NFR that year?
3. Which Rodeo Legends, Volume 2, athlete, a multiple world-champion steer roper, in 1983 became part of the first father-and-two-sons combination to qualify for the National Finals?
4. Which Rodeo Legends, Volume 2, athlete, a flashy bronc rider with an equally flashy dismount, most often has been described as flamboyant?
5. Which Rodeo Legends, Volume 2, athlete, a champion steer wrestler, claimed a world title early in his career by besting John W. Jones only to lose another world title 20 years later to his son, John W. Jones Jr., during the 10th round of the National Finals Rodeo?
Rodeo Trivia, Round One Answers
1. Lewis Feild
2. Freckles Brown
3. Guy Allen
4. Monty Henson
5. Roy Duvall